Peace Village Festival – Artisans Village
We see vendors as enriching our village experience by purveying a variety of creative, quality crafts and artwork, as well as environmentally sound green and healthy living products, and fine imports. We encourage booths which showcase peace, sustainability, fair trade, and/or locally made or grown products, as well as other wondrous and unique items of interest to our peace villagers. Whether you are a craftsperson, an artist, or a purveyor of fine wares or services, please consider joining us and gracing us with your participation at the Peace Village Artisan Market.
In addition to our themes of Peace and Sustainability, this event is all about respect and honoring our youth and elders. We ask that all vendors consider having a kid activity at their booth. While this is not a requirement, we hope that you find a fun game or handout or sticker or puzzle or gift or adventure to share with children in order to help weave them into the fabric of our village, and indeed to honor them. For after all, the children are our future and the true hope for peace on our planet. Please scroll down for some ideas and leads on activities to share with children at your booth.
We look forward to see you at the Peace Village Summer Concert Series in Southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley, in late-August.
For more information on booths and vending, please email Summer [Email address: moonbeat #AT# msn.com - replace #AT# with @ ] or phone her at 541-778-5527.
Children’s Peacemaking Resources/Activities for Booths
- www.betterworld.net/resources ~ over 800 pics of peace heroes to color and take home. Kid Village will display some in the Kid Village area, but there are many pictures, plus other ideas on this site
- www.worldpeace.org/activities_peacepals.html ~ May Peace Prevail on Earth stickers and other activities for kids through peacepals.
Other activity ideas:
- Make toilet paper roll peace binoculars with kids. Tell the children what they focus on expands. Focus on Peace.
- Make pass along style Peace message cards on 3×5 index cards colored and decorated by the children, with their own special peace message to share with others and keep passing on.
- The peace company sells a huggable earth ball. Your booth could use this idea and have a huggable peace maker stuffed animal. Put a peace sign or big heart on it and let the kids hug him
- Find peace, heart, animal, earth, and other beautiful stickers to give out.
- Make peace necklaces with yarn and a special symbol for a better world, such as a peace sign, heart, star, earth, etc. Hole punch through the symbol and string yarn through. You could also let kids color these and put them together with you.
- Hang a Children’s Peace Pledge from your booth.
- If your booth has an earth message, make rosemary or lavender magic earth healing peace wands. Get some string and lots of rosemary and/or lavendar (both plentiful in area gardens) to bundle and tie together.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Teach the “I feel” statement: “I feel _____when _____. I imagine I feel this way because ______________ In the future I hope ___________________________.”
- Provide children’s conflict resolution tips. Post a list for parents!
- Have peace balloon decorations.
- Make origami peace cranes or have cranes as part of decorations.
- Give a peace handshake or smile to a child to let them know you see them.
- Make Unity flags.
- Display Flags of the World.
- Blow Bubbles.
- Color Pictures of Peace Heroes. Print out (from www.betterworld.net/resources) the ones that resonate with your booth and give them out to children to color in the Kid Village area.
- Any other kid-friendly peace activity you can think of!